How to use the Kenya Power Telegram Bot
Early this year , Kenya Power launched a Telegram bot that allows customers to check their postpaid and prepaid power bills.
Using the Telegram app, users can in a matter of seconds check anything from their post-paid bills, their last purchased token, their monthly charge and even their debt status. Eliminating the need for customers to use SMS shortcodes that would have ended up costing much much more.
HOW TO USE THE TELEGRAM BOT
1. First , ensure you have downloaded and installed the Telegram Messenger app which is available for free on Google Play Store, Apple Store, and Windows Store.
2. Once installed, type " KenyaPower " in the search bar at the top right of your screen.
4. Click on start / (restart ) to display options Menu
HOW TO CHECK YOUR PREPAID ACOUNT DETAILS
From the options menu above you can check , your '
Last token , Debt status and Monthly charge.
To Check your last token
1.Select Last Token from the options menu, Enter your 11 digit meter number and wait for your details to be processed
Note: To access options Menu, type /home and hit the send button.
Follow a similar procedure to check debt status, last 5 tokens and monthly charge.
HOW TO CHECK YOU POSTPAID ACCOUNT DETAILS
1. Type '/home' and select Postpaid Bill from the options menu.
2. Enter your post paid account number ,send and wait for your request to be processed.
SEND YOUR FEEDBACK
Like to send in your feedback regarding the Bot ?
1. Simply select Feedback from the options menu
We love the Kenya Bot , it's quick , it's easy but most importantly it's an excellent example of how Instant Messaging can be used to improve both customer service and self service.
Like to create your own bot ? well, that's quick and easy too. Find out how you can create one here.
Ongair now offers support for Telegram messenger , allowing you to talk to your customers via our new and improved dashboard. Sign up today and try it out free.
Or you can let us know what you think in the comment section below.